Monday, April 13, 2009

Using the tools more

I have found that the more I use the tools we have learned to use in class the more comfortable I become with them. I use google docs to keep track of my GEMS attendance and our teacher and mentor hours. It certainly makes life a little easier. I don't have to create something new every two weeks when these items are due. I have been trying to get my husband use this to share information between himself and a friend that lives in Omaha! He still isn't convinced this could be easier!

I am also finding that the students seem to be becoming more comfortable with technology and online research. Students are discovering that Wikipedia is not the end all be all. They are actually looking at the references and checking them!! During my project I did find that many of the students are getting better at not copying and paraphrasing!!! Some still don't get it though:(

1 comment:

Karen said...

So great to hear about the students who are "getting" it. And I'm sure your husband would love GDocs if he would just try it :)