Monday, April 13, 2009

Teaching old school

The week before spring break I was showing a video on natural selection to my first hour and then went to switch to the document camera and my projector bulb burned out!! This really is not that catastrophic except for the fact that our Techie is not in our building on Wednesdays!! Okay, I had to think quick, use the white board. One problem was that I have a promethium board and the rest of the board is covered with stuff. Okay, whip things off the board and use a marker!!! Now what do I do about the other classes and the video? No one has TVs anymore!! Thank goodness Suzanne was out of town with her students and no one was using her room. So my students got to experience science in a different room. Once I was in there her doc camera didn't focus so I did have to use the board. This was a very odd feeling because I haven't had to do this all year. I was teaching old school, does this make me a techie teacher?

No comments: